Thursday, October 01, 2009

New TV Shows

Last night I stuck with ABC most of the night for telly and I'm glad I did. I watched Kelsey Grammar's new show Hank, which was really....well....an extension of Fraiser. I'm not sure how long it will last but its very funny. I like the idea of a CEO coming totally down in the world, but I'm not sure how long they'll keep him unemployed or how well Hank will play Mr. Mom.

The next show was The Middle and in one night its almost usurped Big Bang Theory as my top comedy. If it weren't for Sheldon on Big Bang, it probably would have with the current plot bunnies being born and raised on that show. The Middle is really just a show about a dysfunctional (every day) mid-western family. Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) stars. The kids are cute and funny and so is just about everything else on the show.

My final comedy for the night (cos I hate Courtney Cox) is Modern Family, done in a style a'la The Office. The fake documentary format is getting old but the three families that are all related are just so crazy that its hard not to like it.

So ABC wins me over...Their three shows out funny The New Adventures Of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried by a long shot.

So what are you watching?

0 comments: