Tuesday, October 06, 2009

For The Love Of Mika


Its been a long time since I've fallen in love with a new mainstream-ish artist in such a big way but, Mika has won my heart and my ears.

I randomly came across The Boy Who Knew To Much and I decided to give it a listen. The first song I heard was We Are Golden and that song is just the kind of perky bouncy, happy music I've always loved.

I've described Mika as the bastard love child of Freddie Mercury and Andy Bell, but somehow there's a touch of Jimmy Somerville in him too.

Yeah.

He's got the cute gay boy thing going on...or the cute bi-boy thing.

Either way, Mika is freaking adorable and he makes really awesome pop music that makes me feel all shiny.

I officially have a new obsession; Mika. Who will be now called The Boy Who Will Never Play A Concert In Pittsburgh.

So now its my duty to go off and buy all his stuff and squee over his pictures. Not to worry I still love all my other favorites just as much, but now they have to move over and make some room for my new sweetiepookiepie, Mika in my heart.

Yes, I am crazy. Thank you for noticing.

Why?

Because that would bring me joy and for the most part, my favorite artists seldom play shows in Pittsburgh and when they do, I can't see them because the shows are either a:) too expensive b:) on a work night.

0 comments: