Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In A Lousy Mood

I'm just not a happy camper. I've had to deal with insurance companies about things this week. I've had to deal with trying to sell something of my grandmother's and I've been trying to figure out when in gods name I'm going to be able to get to the damn dentist.

This could start my rant on why aren't vision and dental automatically considered part or a basic health care plan? Are we not supposed to see? Are we to live with tooth pain? Apparently so, unless you are in the lucky batch of people that work for companies that provide them. Fuck, you should be lucky that you work for someone that provides any, cos I sure as hell don't. And sometimes you work for someone that provides it, but it is so expensive and such a lousy plan it isn't worth it.

Have I ranted?

Am I sick of shelling out $159 for a high deductible plan and its 5 year pre-existing condition clause?

Fuck, Yes.

But I could go on and on about how I want to bitchslap the people that don't seem to think health care reform needs to happen. I don't know if we need the gov't to run health care, cos they sure as hell can't run anything else, but something needs to be done.

And on that note, I'm going back under my rock. It's nice and dark there and I can sleep.

0 comments: