Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yesterday Was A Bad Day

If you read my Livejournal you'll know that my oldest kitty is not doing too well right now. To look at him, you'd never guess that he wasn't doing well, but his back legs are failing him. We're not sure if he had a stroke or if he's going through a period of arthritis.

We've decided that he's not going to the vet, because he's not in any sort of pain. He's eating and getting to the bathroom when he needs to. I won't have him put down. I just can't do it. I want him to go when god's ready to take him, not a second before. Perhaps that selfish of me. If it is, so be it.

And if you want to know, I couldn't yank anyone's life support either. I don't want that kind of responsibility laying on my conscience. I would feel like a murderer and I couldn't live with myself. And don't say that it's just an animal either. Buddah, aka Little Shit, aka Poopy has been in my life for at least 14 years. He's more than just an animal, he's family. All of my animals are family.

I know the end is coming soon and the hurt is already starting. I love my little gimpy Buddah. He's the true Garfield of cats, all orange and round and lazy, but full of love for anyone who would hold or pet him.



Please keep my old boy in your thoughts. I'm not ready for him to go yet, and I don't think he's ready to go either, but it's in God's hands ultimately.

0 comments: