Friday, September 22, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 90

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums you're glad that you bought this year (not necessarily new releases)

Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Greatest Hits



If I hadn't bought this one in Hershey, Gary never would have had the chance to sign it. One day I'm going to get the rest of his albums.

Davy Jones - Just Me 2



This is the only one of Davy's solo CDs that I own. I'm glad I picked it up at the concert in July. I know now that I have to try to add more of his music to my collection.

Peter Cetera - You Just Gotta Love Christmas



I struggled with myself when it came to ordering this one. I had heard it was copyprotected. Guess what? It's not! It's also a really great Christmas CD. I just got it this week and I'm glad I did. Expect to hear Peter on this year's Christmas mix!

Diana Krall - From This Moment On



I decided to give Mrs. Krallstello my loyalty this year. I don't know why. I heard this one before my copy came to me in the mail, and it was a better pick than her hubby's The River In Reverse which I hate with a passion that cannot be described. I hate it even more than I hate North which was my least favorite EC album until now. At least North was a shot at a different sound. River is just uninspired and blech! At least Diana didn't disappoint.


Keri Noble - Red Wine Til Daylight



Ok, it's an EP but it's new music by Keri, who is one of my favorite female singer/songwriter/vocalists. It was only 12 bucks on her site and it's one of my favorite discs this year. I hope her new album comes out soon.

0 comments: