Friday, September 15, 2006

It Could Get Worse, And It Did

I had a bipolar day. It started out on a high. I won $30 worth of Carribean Stud Poker tickets on WPKL this morning. So there's a possibility of me winning some money as soon as I can drive out to the station to get to California, PA to pick them up.

But when good things happen, so must bad.

I was driving to Belle Vernon to pick up Long John Silver's for dinner when my brakes gave out. COMPLETELY!

After avoiding one accident.

Deep breath.

That one I thought was my fault because I didn't really believe that I had no brakes at the time. Then I made the turn on Rostraver Road and I put my foot on the brake and it went straight to the damn floor.

FUQUA!

No brakes.

Zippo!

I swung from the left lane into the driveway for Walmart, McDonald's and Denny's. I chose Denny's to try to stop the car because there was a lot of open spots. I managed to get the car stopped. There were enough brakes in the front that she stopped in a stall.

ARGH!

Oh and it took almost 2 hours before Triple A could get a tow truck to me. My brother had come and got the dinner for me, but had to go, because he was home for the Alumni game tonight for our High School. So I had to get my sister to come and wait for the tow truck and to bring me home.

I ended up buying the lasagna pizza at Pizza Hut, because the smell of pizza seduced me. Oh and after that I went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of wine and some tiny bottles of Arbor Mist. I think I deserve to drink them all now.

0 comments: