Friday, September 29, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 91

From the chicks @ Music Memoirs...of which I am one. This is my meme, so I've got to do it!

Top 5 song lyrics that best describe you

To hold on fast to dreams that last no longer than a smile
Justin Hayward - It's Not On

That line is so me. I try to grab onto those fleeting impossible things. I think that's why I always feel so let down by things. I try to grasp the impossible way too often

I never was too hip. I never caught the ride
Oingo Boingo - On The Outside

That's me. I'm the loner that never seemed to fit in. I was never totally preppy or totally nerdy. I was on this level that most people didn't see.

You're not the girl next-door or a girl from France
Or the cigarette-girl in the sizzle hot-pants
All the words of love seem cruel and crass
When you're tough and transparent as armoured glass
You're everywhere girl in an everyday mess
Who'll pay for the Crimes of Paris

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Crimes Of Paris

I'm sick of paying for the crimes of Paris damn it! Again, this seems so like me. I'm not the kind of girl that stands out. I don't fit the usual labels. I'm just and everywhere girl in and everyday mess.

You're out of control--and you want the world to love you
Or maybe you just want a chance to let them know
That you live and breathe and suffer
And your back is in the corner and you've got nowhere to go

Oingo Boingo - Out Of Control

I've always felt that this song belonged on the soundtrack to my life. I'm always looking for attention but my message never seems to get through.

He's a real nowhere man
Sitting in his nowhere land
Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Doesn't have a point of view
Knows not where he's going to
Isn't he a bit like you and me?

The Beatles - Nowhere Man

I'm always making plans for things that I'm never likely to do. And if my hamlet of Charleroi on Mon isn't nowhere land, I don't know what is.

0 comments: