Friday, May 12, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 71

From the music lovers @ Music Memoirs...

Top 5 song lyrics....(And tell us why you like them)

Love is always scarpering or cowering or fawning
You drink yourself insensitive and hate yourself in the morning
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Man Out Of Time

This lyric as always been one that sticks in my head for some reason. This is probably my favorite EC song as well. It inspired one of my stories/novels and has provided me with hours of bitching about getting that damn song stuck in my head.

Who's going down who's comin with me
Who wants to take a chance
On a piece of abstract reality
Oingo Boingo - Elevator Man

The not so subtle innuendo of this song brings me so much joy.

Trouble loves me
Seeks and finds me
To charlatanize me
Which is only
As it should be
Morrissey - Trouble Loves Me

This is the first song I played off the Maladjusted disc. I loved it instantly, simply because the lyrics are so damn true!

A wonderful day for passing my way.
Knock and my door and even the score
With your eyes.
The Moody Blues - Lovely To See You

I can't tell you how many times these opening words have stuck in my head. It's such a pretty song. Typical Justin really.

Now you know how to be dumb
Are you ready to take your place in the modern museum of mistakes?
Don't you know how to be dumb?
Like a building thrown up overnight in one of those reverse earthquakes
Elvis Costello - How To Be Dumb

I think I took my place in the modern museum of mistakes already. This song is full of great lyrics, but this is Elvis Costello we're talking about, he's one of the best songwriters out there.

0 comments: