Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Never Thought It Would Take So Long....

The continuing saga of the Zen Micro

I've reripped most of my Moody Blues CD collection to the hard drive as well as my Justin Hayward/John Lodge collection. Today I'm reripping Elvis Costello and Duran Duran.

I filled the Zen Micro with a few discs last night. I didn't realize how long it took to transfer files to the damn thing. It should have enough tunes on it to last me through my trip to Hershey in 3 weeks.

I figure that in doing this I'll go through the mp3s and decide what I really want to keep and what can go into the recycle bin. There are so many artists that I don't really listen to as much as others, but for some reason they reside on my hard drive.

I'm such a pack rat! I've said that countless times before, but it bears repeating. It would probably just be easier to buy a bigger hard drive so I could keep everything, but I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to buy a new Dell or something similar next year, so I don't want to sink any more money on this computer unless I absolutely have to.

I still don't have everything that I want on the Zen, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the next few hours transfering files. I have no patience. I want the damn files to move faster!

Oh and did I mention in the process of reripping my discs I've made a terrible mess of my bedroom and the computer room?

I have only one thing to say to that....ARGH!

I hope I can dig myself out of it by bedtime!

0 comments: