Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Why Geeky is Sexy

Thank to Linds, I've been forced to ponder the reasons why people think other people are sexy. There are the obvious reasons of course. Some people, Hugh Grant pops into mind, are just to darn cute to be anything but sexy. Then there are people like me that find the geekiest people sexy. Lets face it, Elvis Costello, Greg Proops, Danny Elfman and Vince Clarke give meaning to the word geeky.

So now I must ponder what makes each of these little devils so sexy. This could take days...weeks...months...to really explain, but I'll try to be short sweet and close to the point.

Elvis Costello - First of all, if you don't find that deep and penetrating stare sexy, I feel sorry for you. I could get lost in those pretty puppy dog eyes that hide behind those horn rims. If that doesn't suffice, there's that soft sweet voice that could charm the pants off anyone. He can charm any article of clothing he wants off of me, in case you didn't know. The other important reason for his sexiness is that singing voice of his. You have only to hear a live version of I Want You to be brought to your knees. If you don't believe me, go see the man in concert, it's well worth it.

Greg Proops - Ok 40 pounds ago he was much sexier. Put down the bon bons Greg...step away from the fridge. Still my speccy comedian is sexier than hell. He has a way with facial expressions that makes you want to grab him and squeeze him, or maybe slap him upside the head. Either way, his I don't give a shit attitude, is what makes me adore him. There are other reasons to adore him of course. How many comedians wear 3 piece suits everywhere. Bless him, he's a sharp dressed man. He also has a smile that will melt your heart. Oh and for those of you who don't know it, intelligence is sexy.

Danny Elfman - Ok this man was the geekiest teenager in the world. I tell you, he had to get into a band so that he could get dates. Once you get past the early years of Boingo, Danny just well becomes the sexiest thing on the face of the earth. Some people have bedroom eyes. Danny has a bedroom voice. Listen to the commentary from Edward Scissorhands, that should be enough. For the most part, Danny's appeal to me is in his ability to look innocent while retaining a certain measure of evilness.

Vince Clarke - Ok, I know you are all saying, "How in the hell is he sexy?" First of all when Vince has a full head of hair...whoa baby, he's all that and a bag of chips. Without it, he still looks like your goofey kid brother. He's just so tiny and sweet you have to love him. Plus he so dead pan ...I have this sweet picture of him while they were making the I Love to Hate You video. He's suspended in the air with his synth and his making faces into the camera. You just want to grab him and tickle him to pieces.

So as you can see, everyone can see something sexy in even the least sexy of people. Oh and if you think these 4 are the least sexy..I blow raspberries at you. If you aren't a geek...PAH! I will say this..What do my 4 geeks have in common..Specs! Long live sexy speccy men.

0 comments: