Sunday, March 09, 2003

Every Elvis Has His Army

So much going on that centers on Mr. Costello this week. Ah if only my vcr would be nicer to me. Where to begin. Where to begin.

~ Wednesday night the man is the musical guest on Letterman!

~Friday at noon, vh-1 is finally reairing the Storytellers episode he did. My vcr better be prepared for this, cos this is the only Storyteller's that I've never seen. Something strangely ironic to that, don't you think.

~Sunday night..and almost everynight there after, the induction to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. EC will be inducted by Elton John. I'm rather amused by that, myself.

Some thoughts on Elvis for the time being.

Man Out of Time was originally inspired by Mr. Proops, but about 10 pages in the character that was inspired by Elvis took control of the story. I'm trying to do some rewrites so Everett becomes just a bit likeable, but it's not working for me. I still want to smack that character senseless.

Will Bruce Thomas overcome his hatred for my darling Declan to perform at the induction ceremony? It's something that's been plaguing my mind for quite a time now.

Will the Attractions tour! Goddamn it, they need to tour. OK, but that can only happen if Bruce puts aside his nasty feelings. How come I have the feeling that if Bruce is going to play on Sunday night, Elvis is going to play I Want You just to annoy Bruce.

If the Attractions don't tour, Elvis needs to find a reason to tour on his own. I'm having Elvis withdrawals. I need to see the man again. I'd also like a few more reissues of the old cds and maybe a new one.

The people who voted for the grammys have their heads up their asses. When I Was Cruel will be the album of the year in my mind thank you very much, and a big ole raspberry to Mr. Springstein and that damn the Rising cd.

Black suits on Elvis are exceedingly sexy. In fact, they are sexier than any suit Mr. Proops has ever worn.

0 comments: