Thursday, March 06, 2003

Building the Perfect Mix

So as you all can see by the new icon on the page, I have a mix cd group. Well I'm working at my lust mix at the present time. The beauty of building mixes or at least coming up with setlists for mixes is that I sort out all my cds and actually listen to a few that probably haven't had a spin in the cd player in years and years.

Today I've pulled out the Cheap Trick cds, and those haven't got any love in a way long time. I think I'll devote a few minutes to the beauty that is Cheap Trick and my love for Robin Zander. I like a million others fell in love with the song The Flame way back when. As usual, I had to acquire everything they ever recorded and I was pleased that I enjoyed most everything they did. Cheap Trick are a fun band with some really great catchy songs. I'm also probably one of the few people that own a copy of Robin's solo cd. It's a shame that cd didn't do better, there were some lovely songs on that one.

I've also been reintroducing myself to Adam Ant. More fun music, which I'm sadly in need of right now. I chose the song Strip for obvious reasons. Ok maybe not. I picked this song so I could look at the picture inside the cover while I was ripping the track to my hard drive. I wish this picture were lurking somewhere online but alas it is not.

Oddly enough, I've also renewed my interest in INXS. They are a band I've had fleeting interest in over the past few years.

So needless to say, I'm having fun trying to make the perfect lustful mix cd. I may be at this one for awhile.

The Sexiest Song

Oh and while I'm rambling, I just have to say that Elvis Costello's song "Inch By Inch" is the sexy song of the day. This is another one that just well inspires nasty evil thoughts when I hear it. So for your reading pleasure I will now give you the lyrics to this lovely gem.

Inch By Inch
You can take a powder
You can take a drink
You can keep the shrink
And the kitchen sink
Write my name in heaven
in invisible ink
I just woke up from dreaming, I think
You can take me over
You can give me a lip
You can take me under
You can give me the slip
Take off everything or tear me off a strip
Like a lady in the chamber
and another in the clip

Chorus
Don't move a muscle baby
Don't even flinch
You can miss me by a mile
Or just inch by inch
Inch by inch
Inch by inch
Inch by inch
You can pull me up again
Inch by inch
Inch by inch
As pulses race
I long to see that look upon your face

You can take me outside
You can take me apart
You can take me upstairs
you can take me to heart
You made me love you when
you thought you were so smart
Don't try to stop me when
you told me to start
Chorus

Sorry, but this song makes me want to hop on the man's lap and kiss him senseless and then do a few other things to him. Ah yes I'm in one of those moods now.

0 comments: