Monday, March 10, 2003

I made a beautiful mix cd

I decided to make a mix of songs that are like lullabies to me. It's posted at my Mix cd group and I think I'll post it at the Art of the Mix site as well. There are some artists that you can do a whole cd of songs that can lull you in to slumberland. Besides the lovely song stylings of Mr. Costello who was my choice for the cd, I can think of a few more that can send me off into a lovely slumber.

Erasure have some lovely melodic songs that can relax you into a nice slumber. I could probably do a whole cd of Duran Duran songs too. Abba springs to mind as well. How could they not? Of course you can always just by the Pure Moods collection, but what fun would that be?

But back to my lullaby mix..The title is "Sing Me to Sleep, Elvis" The tracklisting is :

The Long Journey Home
She
This House is Empty Now
Days
Lost In the Stars
But Not For Me
Shamed Into Love
You Stole My Bell
Please Stay
Still To Soon To Know
Favourite Hour
Couldn't Call It Unexpected #4
Sweet Pear
Lovefield
Pills & Soap
Satellite
My Funny Valentine
Nighttime
Indoor Fireworks

There were so many others I could have added. If I could have, I would have loved to have had Upon A Veil of Midnight Blue and The Birds Will Still Be Singing on here as well. Another Day Another Mix?

I'm going to do a mixed genre version of this cd as well. I can already think of some really pretty tracks to put on that version as well. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Until then...I'll just nap to Elvis.

0 comments: