Friday, October 01, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 songs that are considered "classics"


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

I'm going to leave out a lot of the obvious here like songs from The Beatles etc.

1. Elvis Costello - Alison: This may not be my favorite EC song, but it definitely one that you've heard at least once..this and Veronica. Hmmm EC has a thing with girl's names!

2. The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams: I'd never say Nights In White Satin, as I despise that song. It is a classic but not in my top 5 favorites of anything..maybe most annoying..but back to Your Wildest Dreams.  This song brought the band notice in the 80s when a lot of their contemporaries were making comebacks and it did well for them. It also had the best video ever.

3. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me: Yes! Hair bands can make some classic songs!!

4. Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf: I still want to know where Simon came up with the lyric, "I smell like I sound!" Uh Simon...I hope you thought you sounded sexy...but...I'm hear to inform you,  you didn't, but the song is still cool.

5. Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind: Power pop genius, nuff said

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with #2 and #5. #4? Well, I'm not 16 anymore and it's lost it's sparkle. A classic one hit wonder: "Lies" by The Knickerbockers.

Mike said...

#3 for sure.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Pour Some Sugar On Me is definitely a classic! Heck, the whole band is classic :D

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Can't sday I'm too familiar with them...it must be my age!

Russ said...

I am so bad at updating my blog. Once again, I missed a meme. I haven't abandoned the Memoirs, don't worry. I just get way too distracted.