Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dreaming Of Gordon

I was dreaming about Gordon Lightfoot last night. I guess it was because I had mentioned to my mother the other day that he has a birthday coming up in a month.

Gordon will be 72 on November 17.

This will also mark the 35th anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald tragedy. That happened on November 10, 1975.

I guess with all of this floating around in my brain, and my love for Mr. Lightfoot and his music, I just came up with an interesting little fantasy.

Not to worry people! I wasn't doing anything kinky with Mr. Lightfoot! He's a little bit too old for me! Though if I were my mom's age, I'd think he was pretty sexy. Plus he has such a great attitude towards his fans.

So yeah,  I was dreaming about another Lightfoot concert...who wouldn't? The man puts on a fantastic show!

3 comments:

char said...

Hi there! Just came across your posts about Gordon! I'm moderator at a Lightfoot discussion board that is very active with folks discussing concerts/songs/memories, sharing pics and videos, planning trips to see him etc. (Gordon calls his internet fans "The Net People")
It always warms my heart to find another fan out in the cyber world..
I've been a fan since I was 14 back in 1969 and since I live in Toronto Gordon was always somewhere on TV or on the radio.
I just saw him in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago.
I'd love it if you could send me "Your Song" by Gordon..I have heard it before and probably had it on an old computer at one time but it's not on my new one. Drop by www.corfid.com - for the discussion board and www.lightfoot.ca has the best Lightfoot info around. He's already got a few 2011 dates set and more on the way.
There's no stopping him.
lol
Glad you were able to meet him too - he's so generous with his time and truly enjoys meeting fans.
my e-mail is: lightfootfan@rogers.com
Hope to hear from you!
Enjoy the day...
Char
Toronto
http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22379&highlight=buffalo

Mike said...

I dream of Lady Gaga coming to my house. I haven't pick a favorite outfit yet. This could take awhile.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

72? Who would have thought it?