Saturday, November 14, 2009

When You Shovel A Ton Of Coal

You don't have to go to the gym right?

Yes, we still have a coal furnace which really saves a lot of money on heating bills. I know that in a few years this isn't going to be something we can keep up. Dad is getting too old, fuck, I'm getting to old, but for now it means heating the house in the winter is under a hundred dollars a month.

Not to shabby.

If only my arms, shoulders and back felt the same way.

Oh and have I mentioned how sweaty and icky feeling I am now?

I haven't?

ARGH!

I just keep thinking that about 50 years ago or so, most everyone kept their houses warm this way.

Perhaps that's why the older generation is a bit fitter than we are now. They didn't just turn a knob to get warmer.

I think I need a nap.

0 comments: