Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nervous

Today is mammogram day.

I have to say I'm always nervous when I have to have a test like this done. I've had problems in the last year but everything has been benign, but you always go in wondering, is there something wrong, even if it is a yearly thing.

It's no fun to get your boobies squished.

Can I also add that its no fun to go to these tests alone?

I really wish there was someone that could sit in the waiting room for me, but no. The distance to the office @ Mon Vale Healthplex where I have my screenings done is too far for my dad to walk, so I have to go it alone.

Just a little more for me to be nervous about.

I mean they do give you the results the same day. Which means more nervousness waiting for a radiologist to read your x-ray or whatever it is.

So yeah, I'm a bit twitchy right now.

I can't imagine how I'll be in 20 years when there are more than just the 2 girlie screenings to deal with?

0 comments: