Monday, November 30, 2009

A Dog Named Christmas


I read this book earlier this year and I loved it. Last night I watched the made for tv movie version, and I have to say they did a wonderful job adapting it to the small screen.

I only wish they could do this so well with other books that they turn into movies or TV specials.

I realize that the books was a short one, much like Neil Gaiman's Coraline, but to the best of my knowledge they really didn't change much of anything from the novel, and what they did, didn't harm the story or anger me in any way. I do realize that Christmas was more of a black lab...but other than that, I can't complain very much.

The movie was just beautiful and I cried most of the time I was watching, because even though we have the kitty community and little J.J., I really miss Purrbee.

So if you are a dog lover and one that likes good family movies, look into this one @ Hallmark. Oh and read the book!

0 comments: