Monday, November 23, 2009

Missing Mondays: Holiday Style

You know what I miss the most during the holidays? My metabolism! I miss being able to scarf down whatever I wanted to without a worry about that scale.

Of course this was back when I always had the day after Thanksgiving off too.

I'm not sure why I'm even excited about this day off. I'm just going to have to be awake early so I can help with dinner and there won't even be anything on TV except for stupid parades and football, none of which interest me.

In fact, the only thing that would really interest me is curling up somewhere and reading until I fall asleep.

Fat chance of anything like that happening.

In fact the only thing that is likely to happen on Thursday involves me likely getting fatter!

Grrr.

Which reminds me again how much I miss the metabolism I had in my teens and twenties. I think its horrible that metabolisms can't stay nicely fast at least through your 40s.

~sigh~

Ah well....I'm going to eat drink and be merry! Who gives a fig newton!

0 comments: