Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To Nook Or Kindle

I've given up hope of getting to go away this year anywhere, so I'm going to treat myself to a new toy. I don't really need an iPod even though I'd love to have the big hard drive player. I really don't need a new camera yet either.


What I'd really like is an ereader.

Why?

Because I'm starting to do book reviews and I can get more books for free if I can read them digitally. Sure I can read on my computer but that's not fun at all or comfortable either. Plus Harlequin offers some great freebies or cheap short stories digitally. Not to mention the chance to get some great backlist books that you can't find in stores anymore.

So do any of you own an eReader? Which one? Tell me why you like it!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Not into e-reading. It's just something else to break. You can't break a book.

Bilbo said...

Agnes has a Sony e-Reader "Touch Edition" (the middle version, with touch-screen navigation but without wireless connectivity). and she really likes it. Compact, handy, lightweight, and great battery life. Only drawback is that it needs an external light for reading in darkness (screen isn't well backlit). We looked at the Kindle, but were turned off by many of the comments about poor customer service and a fragile screen. No info about the Nook. All that said, we prefer "real" books, but the e-Reader is great for travel. Good luck.

vw: nocust - the locusts are gone.