Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doctors Aggravate Me

Yesterday, my mother had an appointment with her primary care physician. Her appointment was at 3:45. We were running a little late because I was coming from work and had to stop at the bank for my boss on the way home.

We arrived maybe a minute or two late.

We could have been later.

My mother didn't get in to her appointment until 4:35!!!

And she wasn't finished with her appointment until about 5:35!!!

Sometimes I wish when they were running late like that they'd call the patients. I wouldn't have had to have left work early if they would have the courtesy to call, especially when the appointment is that late in the day.

Grr

6 comments:

Mike said...

There's a new service you can start and make some money. Twitter doctor.

Janelle said...

I had a bad cold last month that caused problems with fluid in my right ear, ultimately resulting in my having to see an ENT. The first time I went, I think we were there for nearly two hours & basically all that happened was I got a prescription & hearing test. That said, I've never loved being given a prescription more in my life.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Yeah, and I bet they'd get mad if you were that late!

I phoned the Doctors for an emergency appointment yesterday appointment (expecting one yesterday or at a stretch, today). Do you know when I got an appointment for? 2 weeks time!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Doctirs will always complain there!

Anonymous said...

It's too bad we can't charge THEM for OUR time...

Anonymous said...

That's why I'm in the health food store as much as possible. When my ex-doctor was going to make me wait three days for a simple prescription for a yeast infection I lost it. It's been twenty years since I've had to go to an ENT for a sinus infection because of what I get at the health food store.