Sunday, August 22, 2010

Say Happy Birthday To The Blog

I really can't believe I started blogging 8 years ago today. 

8 years!

That's a really long time. And I've pretty much stayed with blogger. My web address changed that's to some freakazoid stalkers awhile back, but other than this this is me.

I really was Diary Of A Music Whore, but when I switched templates my title became A Little Night Music, which though a musical in its own right, reminded me of my favorite song from The Phantom Of The Opera.

A lot has happened to me in 8 years, here's a recap:

* Lost grandma 2 years ago in April. She was 101 and my world has not been the same since she passed away

* Loved and lost 5 kitties and one dog, may Mutchka, Itchy, Buddah, Misty, Coco and Purrbee be playing together in that big animal playground in the sky.

* Witnessed the birth of 4 beautiful kittens.

* Saw many many concerts: Elvis Costello, The Moody Blues, Nick Lowe, Davy Jones, Def Leppard, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Poison, Peter Noone, The Grass Roots, Lady Antebellum, Rockapella, Gordon Lightfoot and probably a few more that have skipped my mind.

* Met more than a few of these bands and got pretty drunk with a member of one of them too. Oye vey.

* Became obsessed with digital photography.

* Changed jobs a few too many times...from retail to call center to secretary with a short stint working at a fitness center.

* Changed cars 3 times from Greta the Grand Am to Bernie the Beretta to Francesca the Focus.

* Went to Atlantic City several times and never won anything. Went to Wheeling Island and The Mountaineer and won just about nothing. Determined I have no luck gambling.

* Became a freelance music reviewer

I'm sure I'm missing a lot here, but these are a few things that came to mind. I'm going to come up with a mix of music I became obsessed with in the last 8 years and I'll share it with you later today.

4 comments:

Malcolm said...

Congratulations on your 8th anniversary in the blogosphere. I don't think I realized you have been blogging this long!

Mike said...

In blogger years that's ancient.

Russ said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

Bilbo said...

Eight years - that's tremendous! I'm glad I found your little corner of the blogosphere, for we music-loving Pennsylvanians have to stick together (and complain about things!). Best wishes for the next eight years. Hope to meet you on one of our trips up to Pittsburgh!