Monday, August 02, 2010

I'm so annoyed

Elvis Costello is supposed to have a new Best Of album out at the end of this month, or at least he was going to. There's no date on the amazon page anymore.



Kind of cute artwork and the tracks were chosen by Mr. Costello.

1. Bedlam
2. Stella Hurt
3. No Hiding Place
4. This House Is Empty Now
5. Impatience
6. Tart
7. The Sweetest Punch
8. My Mood Swings
9. When I Was Cruel No. 2
10. Ascension Day
11. Dust
12. Country Darkness
13. 45
14. In The Darkest Place
15. The River In Reverse
16. Monkey To Man
17. In Another Room
18. Still

I don't have any issues with the tracks chosen. In fact I'm over the moon that he put This House Is Empty Now on the album, as that is one of my favorite songs from his album with Burt Bacharach.

Still, I'm a bit miffed that its just a Best Of album. I want new material. I want an album I can be excited about, like I was when When I Was Cruel came out. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It looks like you're forced to buy an album of mostly tracks you already have.

Mike said...

Although not annoyed myself, I will gladly be annoyed with you or for you.

rashbre said...

Jazzy looking cover, but a dilemma if you already have most of the tracks. Hopefully there will be some new songs to follow it?