Saturday, August 28, 2010

Camera Critters

If you want to play along with Camera Critters just go here

My neighbor is the crazy turtle man. He has an insane amount of turtles in his yard and not all of them are small box turtles like the one in this picture.

Nope, some of them are pretty  big.


I think at the last count there were about twenty turtles in the yard next door. Not to mention the chickens and the bunnies . I miss the Sharpei dogs. I think I've mentioned that before.


So,  yeah, the neighbor is a bit weird, but he does have some interesting critters that keep me amused.

I'm hoping in the coming weeks he lets the bunnies hop around the yard when I can get my camera, because they are huge, fluffy bunnies, with big ole bunny ears.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

But I think most of you know that about me already, RIGHT?

8 comments:

Adrienne Zwart said...

Your neighbor sounds interesting. I think fluffy bunnies are cute, too, as long as they aren't eating my flowers. :)

Eds said...

Great entry! :)

http://www.abc1on1.com/2010/08/camera-critters125-fly.html

Mike said...

My mother used to keep box turtles(4) in the basement to eat the bugs. But she also used to feed them lettuce and tomatos too. They were more like her pets.

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh yes - chickens too! Hmmm now I have chickens but here in UK we could never keep turtles, so nice people like your neighbour can.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A fun post! I can't believe that a neighbour manages to keep so many turtles!

Bilbo said...

Tortoises and hares...hmmm...sounds a little racy to me, ha, ha.

Ali said...

That's neat, I love turtles! I have one box turtle that I have had since I was 10, so 18 years. Great photos, hope you can get some of the bunnies! =)

Manz said...

now I've heard of a crazy cat lady (and I'm proud to be one)... but a crazy turtle man is new! Nice post.