Friday, May 20, 2011

Top 5 On Friday



Top 5 albums you wish you'd never have bought


Thank You
Duran Duran's Thank You is definitely one album I wish I had never blown $20 on.

It was an album of cover songs, and most of them were done badly. Let me also add that these idiots who I mostly love usually do good pop music, when they give it a good college try.

However this was the start of a nearly 10 year peroid of not trying at all.  Oh and they covered Costello's Watching The Detectives. It was criminal, I tell you.
Red Carpet Massacre (Snys)


Duran Duran's Red Carpet Massacre is another album I wish I hadn't bothered with.

I know I sound like I'm picking on the guys, and well, I am, but this album was more horrible than Thank You, and I didn't think that was possible.

Thank You had a few decent covers. I think there was only one song on this one that liked, and I have to say, I never play this one. EVER. Yes, my friends, this album was that bad. That's what happens when you get Timberlake and Timbaland to produce. Madonna learned that lesson too.
Songs Of Faith And Devotion

Depeche Mode's Songs Of Faith and Devotion is another album I could do without in my collection.

I think it has to do with Violator being such a fantastic album. There is no way the followup could be any good.

I apparently am not the only one that feels this way. The album may have gone straight to number one, but within a few weeks all those copies sat in the used CD stores.

Let GoAvril Lavigne's Let Go is one of those albums I have no idea why I bought. it just isn't the type of music I usually listen to. Plus the only song I actually like on the record is Complicated, and after a few hundred times hearing it on the radio, even that lost its appeal.

This is definitely one album that can be filed under "Mistakes" in my collection.

Though I have to say that in more recent years, her music has become slightly less obnoxious.

Classics

I love Sarah Brightman, but Classics really doesn't have enough good material for me to say it was worth the price tag.

The only two tracks I really like are Ave Maria and Winterlight.

I guess I'm just not a huge fan of "Classics". I prefer Sarah singing the more New Age-y stuff. That seems to suit her voice better.

But then again, this is just me.

1 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I agree; Sarah's new age material is better.