Thursday, May 26, 2011

OK I Have A New Band To Love

The other day I discovered some new music by a band called Owl City. I know, they've been around for awhile, but I never bothered to listen until now.

I really think they fall under that crazy genre known as TWEE. I still haven't figured out WTF TWEE is. But that doesn't really matter, their music is absolute gorgeous. It is very calming and sweet.

Take a listen to Vanilla Twilight.



This song takes me to my happy place.  Oh and I really want to go to that lighthouse in the video. I love lighthouses!!!

2 comments:

rashbre said...

Quite a poppy little number. Like you, I'm not sure about this 'twee' classification.

I think its just another way to say retro pop. Although this one also has rather significant vocoder on the vocals.

You should check out Cults over at my place too :-)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's always great to discover a new band.