Saturday, May 28, 2011

Too Much Of A Good Thing

Last night we had Chinese takeaway for dinner. The dinners always come with soup and eggroll. I never eat the eggroll.

When asked why?

I said this, "I lived on eggrolls in college."

California, PA has a great little Chinese restaurant just about a block from the campus. When I had night classes or long breaks around lunchtime, we'd always go and grab an eggroll (cos they were a buck!) and a carton of fried rice.

This was pretty much my normal routine with my small group of college friends. So that is 4 years of fried rice and eggrolls.

Is it any wonder I can't stand the sight of an eggroll?

Rice is another thing...I could probably eat rice every day of my life and be perfectly content.

Sorry eggrolls, I over did a good thing.

3 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I could eat fried rice every day if I had to... Love the stuff! :)

rashbre said...

I'm another fan of fried rice. Pass the soy.

Bilbo said...

I absolutely love rice, especially basmati rice (smells so good!). I also have a great recipe for fried rice if you're interested...e-mail me if you want it. Agnes prefers pasta to rice, otherwise I could probably eat rice with every meal.