Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Obsolete?

Take a look at what this writer says will be obsolete in 5 years.

I take exception with most of them. I don't think e-readers will be gone. They will evolve, as the Nook is doing with the fabulous Nook Color that is a cheaper version of an iPad. I don't quite grasp the fondness for touch screens on phones and computer devices. Sure they are fun, but they are super annoying to use.

Oh and really? GPS? The only way that will be obsolete is if the whole software thing goes belly up. Personally I can't stand any of them.

I can see Netbooks going, because well...isn't that what the iPads etc are supposed to replace, though lord knows, they cost an arm and a leg more.

Some people think everything will be done on the smartphones.

Uh no thank you.

I like my smartphone, but I don't plan on doing much reading on it. Apps like that suck the battery life from the best gadget, and I don't have vision insurance for when the Kindle and Nook apps kill what is left of my eyesight.

So which of the 5 do you think will disappear?

2 comments:

Mike said...

I think the guy that's predicting that crap is related to the guy that predicted the Dow would hit 35,000 a couple of years ago.

Janelle said...

I think the only plausible one is wireless routers. Sure, there are alternatives to all that stuff, but a convenient alternative doesn't make something obsolete. Vinyl record sales are actually up in this digital age.