Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10 - Friendship

December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

I have two very good friends that you often hear about here, Jennifer and Tina. Well, this year, my friend Tina, had to have surgery to remove a tumor on her pituitary gland. That's brain surgery, people.

The change that her health problem brough to my life is a simple one...the reminder that life is fleating and that we should enjoy and appreciate each other as much as we can in our allotted time.

I've known Tina since grade school and ours is a friendship that has weathered many storms through the years. We may not always hang out together but we've always been able to talk.

Tina is the one who brought both Sugarplum Buttonhead (one of her fosters) and Gumdrop (another foster, but not hers) into my life. These cats have filled our household with more joy than you can imagine. (Even though Sugarplum is a curmudgeonly kitty if ever there was one)

I can't imagine Tina not being around. This year was definitely an eye opener for me. I hope we have many more years of friendship to come.

1 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

What a lovely post. A friend's death the day before my birthday this year reminded me how precious life is and how we shouldn't waste and should do the things we love... He died doing something he loved a lot.