Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mmm Chipotle Mexican Grille

It isn't fair that Chipotle is so damn good, because fast food should not cost $20.00 for two people.

Crikey....that was two super yummy burritos w/guacomole and one drink and a bag of chips and salsa.

No joke it was $20.34.

However it was almost as good as going to La Fiesta in our little hamlet of Charleroi on Mon.

Places like this boggle my mind. Especially as they don't have many options and the decor is very very simple.

Even for a ginormous burrito the prices don't make sense.

However I'll pay them every now and then, because even though its pricy, the food is really good for fast food. And I know I'm not the only one that feels that way, because there was a pretty long line the whole time we were there for their burritos, bowls and tacos.

Why does yummy always have to equal expensive?

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

Chipotle just opened up a new place at our local shopping center...within walking distance of our house. This is not necessarily a good thing, because we really like their salads and - as you say - they're pretty expensive. Just like the Chipotle that we used to go to a few miles away, it's always mobbed. To make matters worse, there's a really good new Thai restaurant that just opened up next door to it...and rumor has it that we'll get a new Panera just a few doors down. I don't know how much more my waistline can take...

yellojkt said...

I love Chipotle and don't think it's that much. For 8 bucks I get a burrito and a soda, which is only a little more than a 'value' meal at other chains.

In fact, a Chipotle meal is my benchmark for other places. For example, is a menu deal at Fridays worth two Chipotles?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Next to other fast food chains though chipotle is a bit pricy. I like it better..though really..I like Quadoba best..or however you spell that chain