Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Meme

Here's an holiday meme I found @ Reading Without Restraint

  1. When do you usually know and feel that it's finally the holidays?
  2. I feel that it's the holidays as soon as the Christmas trees go up at Kmart and the Christmas music starts playing 24/7 on WSHH in Pittsburgh.
  3. What do you want for Christmas this year?
  4. Sarah Palin to be deported to Russian! She can see it from her house! No actually, I'd love one of the new iPod Nanos or a Nook Color. Neither of which I need, but are gadgets I covet.
  5. Do you go all out with decorations?
  6. Not at all, though we do have 2 trees. When you have many pets, you just can't decorate extensively, or you spend most of December pulling tinsel out of your pet's bum.
  7. What are you doing Christmas Eve?
  8. Watching Christmas movies and making and eating Christmas Eve dinner.
  9. What are you doing Christmas Day?
  10. Celebrating with family! I'll be helping prepare the meal too, so I'll be a bit cranky. Making two big dinners in a row, is not something I enjoy doing, but I love Christmas, so I'll deal with it.
  11. It's Christmas time. What are you reading?
  12. I'm reading as many holiday inspired books as I possibly can without going insane.
  13. Favorite movie to watch during the holidays?
  14. The Polar Express or Love Actually..and if Hallmark chooses to play it again, Mrs. Miracle
  15. Favorite Christmas song?
  16. O Holy Night
  17. Favorite holiday drink?
  18. Cherry Wine from the Arrowhead Wineries or their Dazzling Niagra
  19. How is your Christmas shopping going?
  20. Not too good. I need to buy several more presents and I have no idea when I'm going to be able to do it.
  21. If you could spend Christmas Day anywhere else, where would you spend it?
  22. I'd like to transplant my family to a wonderful lodge either Oglebay or one of the beautiful hotels in the Sugarcreek OH area...and if it were just me...somewhere near Longwood Gardens so I could see the flowers.
  23. Any holiday traditions?
  24. Christmas Eve dinner with Oplatki wafers is a big tradition in our house. Other than that...nothing really
  25. Favorite thing about the holidays?
  26. The holiday music and the cookies. Oh how I love carols and cookies!

2 comments:

yellojkt said...

I am sooo out of the holiday spirit this year. We are not decorating at all. Not only have we bought our presents, we have already given them too each other and are using them (an iTouch and iPad respectively)

I did listen to Christmas carols on the drive back from New York so that cut the miserable weather a little.

Mike said...

10. Oh yeah. I should start thinking about that pretty soon.