Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yesterday Was A Bad Bad Day

Let's see:

My blood pressure was 158 over 118 going into the doctor and then 160 over 100 at the end of my appoint.

I have mild cervical dysplasia.

The blood pressure thing has me freaked out. (Health issues always freak me out, ask Bilbo)

In May when I went to the gyne my pressure was 125 over 66, which is normal. All of a sudden its taking some huge jumps.

I know on the third of July I was 150 over 80.

I know all this has surrounded the colposcopy that I don't know how I'm going to pay for, what with my deductible and all.

Now I have to go to my primary care doctor, who I hate with a passion next month. Hopefully the scale will be trending downwards, as I need to lose weight and hopefully that will help my pressure.

But until then I'm a nervous wreck and that's not good for the BP

5 comments:

sage said...

Wow, that's pretty high. Take care of yourself and try to relax, worrying will only make it worse, but you already know that. If I had a joke, I'd tell you. Laughter is always good.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I hope that blood pressure of yours comes down v.soon! Take care and try not to stress yourself (it'll only make it worse).

Mike said...

I forgot to comment earlier. You had me searching the web for 'mild cervical dysplasia'. And from what I found you SHOULD be more concerned about your blood pressure. (I almost said 'worried about' but I don't want you to worry.)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Mike: believe me. I made an appointment with my primary care already. Not looking forward to it, but I'm hoping i can get the weight down and the bp under control.

Bilbo said...

Andrea, you and I can work on our BP together and compare notes. The way I see it, if you walk to Springfield and I walk to Charleroi on alternate weeks, we could get enough exercise to get this thing licked. Either that, or we'd be so tired we wouldn't care any more. Good luck.