Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

A few either or questions from Music Memoirs today

Musician's/Band's biography or Musician/Band's biopic: I'll take the biography any day. I'm not a big fan of movies and I'm even less of a fan of movies about musicians, because they seldom get it right.

Discovering a new band or rediscovering an old band: Rediscovering an old band. It is usually easier on the wallet, plus, I really haven't been finding a whole lot of good new music to listen to these days. It really makes me want to pull out old CDs or listen to The Pickle.

Listening to the radio or watching Mtv Listening to the radio wins over Mindless TV anyday. They don't even play music on that channel anymore. Now in the 80s when the station started, my answer would have been just the opposite. So much for being cutting edge, Mtv. You suck!

Concert photos or a magazine spread: Magazine spread. How many times can you see the same people wearing the same smelly clothes? I love having memories of a show I attended but I really like magazine pictures better.

4 comments:

Bilbo said...

Speaking as a former RP, I can tell you that your answer to the Radio/MTV choice is the right one.

Mike said...

"Rediscovering an old bad."

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Discovering bands you like is always good.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, completely agree with you about MTV. Discovering old bands seems to be the wise thing to do, but there are some fantastic indie and seldom-heard or seen bands out there today. I have several suggestions for you. E-mail me for them, if you'd like :)