Friday, July 02, 2010

My 36th Birthday Mixtape

~ Comment if you are taking or want to say happy birthday
~ Don't share my b-day mix link, m'kay. It's not nice to piss off the b-day girl.
~ Enjoy the music

I was going to post this in the morning but tomorrow morning is going to be a less then pleasant part of the day. So enjoy the music!




Artist: Various Artists
Genre: Mixtape
Tracklisting:
Elvis Costello - Man Out Of Time
Hugh Grant - Pop Goes My Heart
The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
Dolly Parton - Better Get To Livin'
Erasure - Sunday Girl
Marillion - Kayleigh
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul
Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday
Keri Noble - Talk To Me
Mika - Blame It On The Girls
Grey Eye Glances - Halfway Back
Nick Lowe - I Trained Her To Love Me
Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life
Matchbox Twenty - Last Beautiful Girl
Herman's Hermits - If You're Thinkin' What I'm Thinkin'
Oingo Boingo - We Close Our Eyes
Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Lady Willpower
Judd Starr - Please Penny
Spandau Ballet - I'll Fly For You
Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
Roxette - Church Of Your Heart
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Waiting
David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes
The Monkees - That Was Then, This Is Now
Over The Rhine - How Does It Feel (To Be On My Mind)
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
Tommy James & The Shondells - Sweet Cherry Wine
Cliff Richard - Miss You Nights
Cheap Trick - Had To Make You Mine
Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight
Eric Clapton - I've Got A Rock N' Roll Heart
Lady Antebellum - Slow Down Sister
Paul McCartney - Mull Of Kintyre
The Beatles - Think For Yourself

Elfslut's 36th B-day Mix (180 MB)
Comments: I was putting this mix together and I came back as I was uploading to last years mix. I giggled at how some songs overlapped from year to year, which goes to show I do have some favorite songs. There are a few artists I added and took off, not because I don't love them, but because it was too hard to say only one song touched my life. Seriously, go download Gordon Lightfoot's entire catalog, he's brilliant. Oh and Elvis Costello's Man Out Of Time, is my favorite Costello song and Imperial Bedroom is freaking brilliant. Krall's Narrow Daylight is also one of the most beautiful songs I've ever listened to. Feel free to ask me about my choices.

6 comments:

Bilbo said...

Another great mix! Happy Birthday once again, and I hope your day has been less dreadful than you had feared. Hope to be able to wish you many more happy, healthy birthdays in the future! Best wishes, Bilbo.

vw: hersarco - not to be confused with hissarco.

sage said...

An interesting mix. Happy birthday!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good mix here. Hope you had a fab birthday!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Happy Birthday!

Matchbox Twenty - Last Beautiful Girl... Ah, I've not put on MB20 in a while :)

Mike said...

Happy real birthday day.

Vicky Jame said...

thank you