Saturday, July 10, 2010

Doctor Who Series Five

I know the series wrapped up weeks ago in the UK, but we still have three more epis to air here in the US, and being the lazy girl that I am, I haven't watched them, even though they've resided on my computer now since each aired.

I really am impressed with Moffatt's Who. I think he has proved himself more than capable of keeping the show on top. I'm anxious to see if his finale of the series is any better than the miserable ones RTD handed out to us.

This series has really been great. In Tennant's time, there were always several episodes that really were downright boring. (Well except in the last full season, cos Donna Noble rocks my world).

But this season...Ahh...Vincent and the Doctor! That was brilliant and beautiful and I cried! I cried over a Doctor Who episode!!! The only other episode that came close to that was The Butterfly and the Wasp! I guess it is because I love the shows that involve history. The Last Days of Pompeii, Victory of the Daleks and The Shakespeare Code, all count as favorites of mine.

Oh and why the hell can't I have legs like Karen Gilan

4 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I managed to miss the last few episodes of the latest Dr Who series for various reasons. Doh!

Janelle said...

I just added pretty much all of Dr. Who to my Netflix. It's going to take me forever.

rashbre said...

I'm surprised when Karen Gillan visits places in the series where visible legs are not the norm, that no-one seems to notice.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The two-part finale is sensational. I thought the same as Rashbre. Karen Gillan's legs are visible in time periods when people would not see more than an ankle.