Friday, February 19, 2010

Top 5 On Friday: Week 231


Top 5 songs you loved until they were overplayed.


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Fountains Of Wayne - Stacey's Mom: Cute song! Fun song even. Atfter the first thousand times then it gets old.

2. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody: This was back in the day when Whitney was crazy awesome and everyone loved her. You know, before she married Bobby Brown. This song and video were played into the ground. I loved it for awhile, but then, ARGH!

3. Semisonic - Closing Time: It's no wonder this band is a one hit wonder, even though they had a few albums. This song, though good, was played way too much, and everything else the band did was ignored. Tis a shame too, because their album Chemistry had songs on it that were much better than this one.

4. Smash Mouth - All Star: This was such a 90s song. I don't know which one of their songs was more overplayed, this one or their cover of I'm A Believer. Oye!

5. Sarah McLachlan - Building A Mystery: OMG this song was so obnoxious. I almost came to hate Sarah because of it. It was played every hour on Vh-1. Oye. Not one of Sarah's best either.

8 comments:

Bilbo said...

The absolute most overplayed song in history is also one of my favorites: REM's "Losing My Religion."

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Hmmm. That's true along with Shiny Happy People and that god awful Everybody Hurts.

I too love Losing My Religion. I think it slipped my mind because I still love it :)

Mike said...

I KNOW 1,2 and 3!!!!!!! 60%, I'm amazed at myself.

Wv: shelcel - Jail for oysters.

Anonymous said...

good list...
bohemian rhapsody by queen...wayne's world killed it

crazy little thing called love - queen

misunderstanding - genesis

ramblin man - allman bros

Russ said...

I agree with "Stacey's Mom," and Smash Mouth is a good description of what a person wants to do when they hear a Smash Mouth song for the millionth time.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I love Fireflies by Owl City, but God the radio stations play it constantly!

Janelle said...

I'm young enough to not be sick of Whitney yet.

"Closing Time" & "All Star" are borderline. On the one hand, it's very true that they were overplayed. On the other hand, the nostalgia is overwhelming.

Deirdre said...

Hehe. Moooosic.