Saturday, February 06, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010

This is my once beautiful maple tree. Its still standing but just barely. For a storm that was only supposed to drop 8-12 inches, we've got just about double that and it hasn't stopped.

This tree has weathered 2 lightning strikes but is likely to be felled by a fucking snowstorm.

My sympathies go out to those of you in VA and MD that are getting the hardest hit from this storm. Western PA only got grazed but that grazing is like one weather man said, "Like getting grazed by a punch from Mike Tyson."

Oh and have I mentioned that there is more snow expected on Tuesday night and Wednesday?

Like we need anymore of this shit!

I don't have any snow boots! Remember, my pair died a horrible death only a week after my buying them.

5 comments:

Bilbo said...

Let's all do the No Snow Dance. Agnes finally had to postpone her trip to Germany after the flight was cancelled twice...it's actually flying today, but we can't get out of our neighborhood to get her to the airport!

rashbre said...

Wow - severe snow in your area. Our modest British amounts have more pr less gone now. At least your blog , with its makeover, is looking ready for the Spring.

Mike said...

I know I made comment about snow boats. It's gone!!!!

Deirdre said...

I clicked "cool" because the photo is cool. It just sucks that the poor tree is being killed. :(

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think the tree may survive. It has lost a few branches, but it seems intact. So there's hope!