Tuesday, February 09, 2010

No Work For Me

Well today I was informed that the power at my job wouldn't be back on until approximately Thursday. So I've got myself a weather inflicted vacation. The kind that comes without pay.

Boo hiss! (That's mostly for the weather part)

I could do the independently wealthy, don't ever have to go into work bit if I could. However I'm nowhere near independently wealthy or even retired, so they better get the power on soon cos I need some money! I've got bills to pay!

Ah the pitfalls of unexpected time off.

But as the old 70s tune goes, I will survive! I may be freezing. I may be crankier than usual, but I will live.

I do know that I will appreciate spring so much more this year. Oh and any 90 degree days will be treated with respect and glee.

9 comments:

Mike said...

Don't take any money out of the new car fund. Go on a bread and water diet.

Molly Bandit said...

I dig the new layout!

sage said...

Interesting new layout... Sorry about your work, we're finally getting lots of snow.

yellojkt said...

This is the first day I've missed because of weather, but I'm going to have to make it up, so bummer.

P.S.
I like the template.

Bilbo said...

Hang in there...it's got to end sooner or later (he said as he looked out the study window at the latest blizzard)...

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Relax in your unexpected time off. Love you new layout!!

Janelle said...

I'm starting to think Thursday's a little too ambitious.

Love the new layout, by the way.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I've obviously been away for too long... When did the new design happen?! I love it, anyway.

Enjoy your weather inflicted vacation!

Malcolm said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't paid for the snow day. By the way, I like the new layout. Because it has such a bright and cheery vibe, does this mean you will no longer be "Mistress of the Dark"? :-)