Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Want A Dog Sled Or A Horse

Predictions are that gas will again go over $3.00 by the summer. Of course, that's when Americans want to leave their fucking houses after a long cold lonely winter. Apologies to Mr. Harrison for borrowing from Here Comes The Sun.

At this rate I've determined, a new car isn't worth it. What would be the point of having it if its simply going to sit there, collecting dust? So its likely to be a used car, if I ever can get the other bills I have to have paid down.

I know in the next few months I need new glasses. $300. I have to go to my favorite doctors and that ends up being a couple of hundred depending on what my insurance covers. Oh and the dentist, that's another $80.

So truth be told, I need either a dog sled or a horse. I'm pretty sure either of those would be more cost effective.

Its a shame I can't convert to Amish-ism, except I'd have to give up the phone and the computer and that would make me combust.

All in all, I don't see a vehicle anywhere in my near future, unless its another heap that will cost me less than $3000.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Go for the sled dogs. You can put wheels on the sled in the summer.

Wv: dingur - A new car will dingur bank account.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It all looks like spending money.

Deirdre said...

Well, dang.