Thursday, July 24, 2003

Musical Musings

I've decided that in the next few months I'm going to be very broke. The CD and DVD releases of the next 3 months are incredible. The RIAA needs to shut it's fat trap. They are going to be getting more than their fair share of my cash. So is the BBC come to think of it.

Here are some of the offerings of the next few months, particularly Sept and Oct.

David Bowie - Reality (go check out the cd art, it's awesome. A cartoon David)

Elvis Costello - North (Did you doubt that I would have to own a copy of this?)

Elvis Costello - 3 more reissues : Trust , Punch the Clock, and Get Happy

Erasure - Hits (CD and a DVD of videos in October)

Duran Duran - There's some kind of DVD out this fall 2 discs too ARGH

Moody Blues - Don't know a title or a date...just know that it's coming. C'mon Justin...get with the program!!!

Not to mention things that are supposed to be out in the very near future or just came out.

Cheap Trick - Special One with a bonus DVD (Out now..and I must have it..cos I've loved them for so long)

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Seven Year Itch (new live cd out now! I think there's a dvd too)

Coupling Season 2 on Oct 28. That's a happy Halloween to me!

Ah Coupling....sigh....Coupling...must watch Coupling...must see my darling lovely Richard Coyle.

But wait..more on the RIAA..cos we all need a laugh out of it

I stole this from Christine...who is part of my Burn it - CD Swap Group

Top 11 Signs your ISP has given you up to the RIAA as a dangerous KaZaA user:

11. All the files in your favorite MP3 play list are now "Lars Ulrich sings 'Feelings'"

10. Your KaZaA rating changes to "Defendant"

9. Eminem insults your mother in his next single

8. Recording Industry Association of America president Hillary Rosen sends you e-mail messages with embedded .wav files of heavy breathing

7. All the spam in your inbox is from Motion Picture Association CEO Jack Valenti

6. You get a bill retroactively charging you 99 cents per downloaded track. Total bill: $29,700

5. A Tommy Mottola screen saver suddenly pops up on your computer

4. Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer picket your home with signs that read, "Piracy don't pay my bills"

3. You receive a request from someone using outdated hacker wannabe slang claiming a friend said you could "hook me up" with the latest Snoop Dogg album

2. You suddenly have numerous songs from someone named Avril Lavigne

1. CD-shaped crop circles appear in your backyard

Some more musical musings before I go all Coupling on you with more pics of RICHARD COYLE

The complete mix for the Burn It - Summer Edition is posted at Art of the Mix. For those of you too lazy to go there, here's the setlist:

Moody Blues - Deep
Oingo Boingo - Skin
Elvis Costello - I Want You
Peter Murphy - The Sweetest Drop
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Melt!
David Bowie - As the World Falls Down
The Damned - Eloise
The Cure - Lovesong
Duran Duran - Love Voo Doo
Nick Lowe - Freezing
Depeche Mode - I Want You Now
Sarah Brightman - Once In a Lifetime
U2 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
The Devlins - Surrender
Adam Ant - Beautiful Dream
Geri Halliwell - Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps (yes that's the song used in Coupling)

Now back to our regularly scheduled Coupling Pic Fest...ok..so it's all about Richard..shoot me!



How can you not love that face? He's gorgeous!



You can never have enough Richard Coyle beauty if you ask me.