Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I'm snarky, how are you?

Allow me to say "fuck you" to the world in general today. I am so sick of imbeciles and computers and imbeciles with computers. Wait..that last one may apply to me.

Since my computer went all netless nearly a month ago, doing story updates has been quite a chore. Every computer I use has a different version of Microsoft Works. The one I'm using now has the dinosaur version 4.0 while the other two are both 7.0 and higher. Needless to say the higher numbers aren't compatible with the lower numbers. (Can you see how I'm doing alot of extra work?) Plus for some reason when I save files from my network, it doesn't always happen. If I didn't post my stories online. I'd be screwed. I lost a page and a half of Love Eternal thanks to a thunderstorm, and when I pulled the story up, I realized that another post wasn't there. So today I'm destined to be eternally aggravated.

I was reading at Heather's blog and Deb's Blog about the RIAA and how we're all going to be in prison soon, oh yeah and about Wacko Jacko saying it's all wrong! Well something like that.

Allow me to raise a few finer points on why people download music and not buy it.

1. It's crap. (coughs in Linds' general direction and says White Stripes)

2. The single medium is all but extinct. You can't go out and by just a song on cd. At least not in the classic 45 sense. Only major artists get their singles released on cd. So you have the choice of downloading it illegally or buy the whole album taking the chance that it's not going to completely suck.

3. There's nothing extra added to most US singles when they do get released. Check out some of the cd singles from Europe and you will find that they have the videos on them as well. Which is fantastic, cos Mtv doesn't play videos anymore. Hell I'm not sure if VH-1 does either.

4. US discs nevah evah evah get bonus tracks! When I do buy music, I tend to spend extra to get the fun additions like bonus tracks, dvd extras etc. Though I offer kudos to the artistst that have had Ltd Editions with these features/extras. Claps go to Sarah Brightman, Tori Amos and Dave Gahan.

5. Back catalogs of artists recordings aren't stocked in stores or kept in print in most cases. I very rarely fall in love with something new. Currently I can't even think of one exception, though I am impressed with Lisa Marie Presley's album. I'm just not impressed enough to buy it. So to the shops..If yah stocked the cds I'd buy em. To the RIAA if it were in print I'd buy it.

(note to Rhino...get with the Costello reissues you lazy wankers. Same to the label reissuing the Damned's material)

OK...enough of that topic.

My Burn It - Summer Edition Mix is nearly done. I'm excited to say the Coupling Theme song will be on it, as well as Adam Ant's Beautiful Dream. The Ant song is delightfully naughty and make out worthy. The Coupling Theme : Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps is done by Geri Halliwell. (not the version you hear on the show and not the Doris Day original). Now when this make out mix is complete someone (namely Richard Coyle) needs to come make out with me.



Ah Richard Coyle beauty. Everyone should be smiling now. Ok, everyone but Georgia MacKenzie who I'm wishing straight to perdition. Evil wenchling who is dating my geekmuffin. Stop it! Stop it, Now! I say. Why can't any of my concubines be single?

Oh dear god, here's another beauty. Just call me a Coylewhore from now on. Richard's the man. I feel another reordering of concubine's coming on.



It's a battle of beauty between young Mr. Coyle and the lovely middle aged Mr. Hayward.

Fuck it..it's a tie....Threesome time!