Sunday, January 31, 2010

Demons The Series

I've been watching this series on BBC America through the recommendation of my good friend Tina. I had actually managed to see the first three episodes before BBC America started airing it and I knew I liked what I was watching.

What makes me wonder though is why BBC America is airing a series that only had 6 episodes. Once next week's show airs that's it. ITV has said it won't be making a second season.

I love this shows. Its great paranormal stuff, much better then the teen-romance versions of vampires that seem to be cropping up everywhere. Thank you again Stephanie Meyer for destroying the vampire legend.

Its kind of like Buffy meets Gene Hunt. Philip Glenister's character, Rupert Galvin is a freak hunting smiter who pretty much is Gene Hunt only fighting the bad guys in a different way. He's not quite right but you've got to like him.

I love the blind Mina who shows her snarky side in subtle ways. But its the teenage characters that steal the show Luke as the next Van Helsing and his friend that wants to be his girlfriend Ruby who is just adorable.

Should I mention the Half-Lives?

Nah, check out the site and see for yourselves.

Its not a show to get attached to, but its a fun watch if you have 6 hours to kill.

0 comments: