Friday, January 15, 2010

Top 5 On Friday - Week 226



Top 5 band members that are neither the lead singer or the lead guitarist. (feel free to tell us why you chose them too!)


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. John Lodge (bass, vocals) from The Moody Blues: Lodgey is my favorite Moody Man. Right now I'm trying to figure out what this Sunny Sunshine Faces song is..and who is singing it and why its credited to John. I'm so confused. Oh and have any of you seen the latest picture of Justin Hayward that was posted with his Q & A on the band's website? OMG, JUSTIN, looking way way old. Looking Gordon Lightfoot old, but Justin doesn't have the health issues that Gordon has. So sad.

2. Nick Rhodes (keyboards) from Duran Duran: I love my platinum blonde Nicky. I still think that one day he will come out of the closet though. I think I'd have a bit more respect for him, if he did.

3. Vince Clarke (keyboards and other assorted things that make bleeps and bloops) from Erasure: Hey its a duo. There's a vocalist and there's Vince. I love both blokes, so Vince wins in this spot. Also he's got geeky cuteness going for him!

4. Micky Dolenz (Drums/percussion) from The Monkees: Hey hey he's a Monkee and vocals are up in the air with this band since everybody got a shot, so I pick Micky!

5. Steve Nieve: Elvis Costello's awesome keyboardist when needed. He's a nice bloke too.

0 comments: