Monday, January 18, 2010

Missing Mondays

Here's a little something different for Missing Mondays. As I've been scrambling for something new to listen to lately, I've come to the conclusion that I miss Duran Duran.

Yes, I am a child of the 80s. I love new wave and Duran Duran were one of my favorite bands from that decade.

They are still together, but in the last 20 years their music has been sorely lacking. The Wedding Album and Astronaut were the only two albums I have loved by the band since their hey day ended in 1987.

I miss good Duran Duran, not the shite they put out on Red Carpet Massacre and definitely not the shite of Pop Trash and Medazzaland....and I'm not even sure how to catagorize Thank You, because that is worse than shite.

Duran Duran are a band I love, but lately I've wanted to abandon them because their efforts have been so lousy that it pains me to listen sometimes and it really hurts to know that a band you love is becoming awful.

Oh and while I'm at it, I just miss the Moody Blues. C'mon guys, its been years since December, can't we have one more album before you ride off into the sunset? Justin? I'd take a solo album too.

0 comments: