Monday, January 04, 2010

Oh How I Love Winter

This is what I love about Charleroi. I nearly got killed trying to get to work this morning because they didn't bother to treat the roads.

Uh snow...subzero windchills, shouldn't you put something down?

Apparently not.

I made it almost all the way to work, but when I got to the road I'd turn on to get there...it was more than a little snow covered.

I then drove up to the Exxon station..called home and my boss to let one know I couldn't get there and the other to know I was safe, then I attempted to come home.

I got as far as McDonald's in Charleroi when I gave up for about a half hour.

The Vanilla Latte fortified me enough to attempt the roads again.

OH MY SWEET JESUS!

I prayed to him the whole time.

I slipped and skidded and nearly collided with walls and parked cars from 5th St to my home.

OMFG!

They didn't bother to clear anything until 11:30.

And its still flurring with a chance of a few more inches tonight.

Winter GO AWAY!

Just GTFO!!!!

I've had enough! I'm throwing in the towel!

0 comments: