Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Proud Of Myself

I'm about halfway through Stephen Baxter's Emperor right now. I believe I've said it before, but this isn't really my kind of book to read, but then again, neither was the Einstein biography I read awhile back, and I ended up enjoying it.

This one is turning out to be much the same, although I know I'm not getting as much out of it as some readers might, as my knowledge of Roman history is pretty minimal. Its still a very interesting book.

What is distressing to me is that there are 3 or 4 more books in this series and I know that at some point I will want to read them, just to see how the story plays out. (as opposed to Twilight which I wish would go far away).

If I'm lucky I may finish it today, if not, tomorrow. I only have about 140 pages to go.

0 comments: