Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bye Bye Haloscan

I have used haloscan for comments on all of my blogs since I started blogging many many years ago. I got an email today that says that on Feb 11, they will go the way of all things.

There is is site that will allow me to import all of my old comments, assuming that's what I want to do.

I'm just not sure.

I generally loved Haloscan. I never had to worry about spambots attacking and for the most part, the program was very reliable.

Now I have to change that.

Pooh!

So I have to pick Echo or Blogger. The unknown or the crappy comment form that blogger provides.

Yuck.

Yes, people I'm not a huge fan of blogger commenting and the whacky words that they come up with so that I can prove I'm human and not a bot when I try to comment on other blogs.

This depresses me.

Have any of you tried Echo? Blogger commenting is my last choice, but I will resort to it if I absolutely have to.

0 comments: