Friday, July 24, 2009

Top 5 On Friday: Week 232




Top 5 Female Fronted Bands


1. Heart: There's nothing better than this classic rock band fronted by Ann Wilson with sister Nancy occasionally taking the lead. Its a shame the 80s and an industry that cares less about music and more about image pushed them away from recording in the last 15 years. I have heard rumors of a new album though and I do know they are touring again, so YAY!

2. Siouxsie and the Banshees: One of the 80s finest new wave/post punk/goth type bands. Siouxsie Sioux was and still is one awesome lady. Plus there's just way too much good music like Peek-a-Boo and Candyman to be forgotten.

3. Blondie: Debbie Harry, nuff said, right?

4. The Bangles: Mmmm I love the 80s and growing up, these girls were high on my list of favorite bands. Still love Susannah when she records.

5. Over The Rhine: GAH! this band is the love of my life. Gorgeous music. And a musical couple I forgot about a few week's back on this meme. I'm so ashamed that I did that.

0 comments: