Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Its Too Quiet

Yesterday we dropped Coco and Kit Kat at the vet so they could be spayed. They will only be gone 24 hours. In fact, after work today I'll be picking them up, but that doesn't make today any easier.

I wish there was an easier way to control the pet population. I wish putting an animal through a surgery didn't save them from unnecessary illness later in life.

A female cat that isn't going to have kittens is likely to get an infection of the uterus in her later years, and infection that will cost you a lot of money and result in her being spayed if you can afford the vet bills, so why not do it when the kitty is healthy and its cheap?

I'm only saying this because we didn't have our Itchy spayed until this happened. She was an indoor cat and all our males were fixed, so we didn't think it was necessary until it was almost too late.

~sigh~

That's what I have to keep reminding myself today while I'm worried about my two little babies.

I'll just be happy when my work day is done and I go bring my little ones home.

0 comments: