Saturday, July 18, 2009

Late Night Blogging

Weekend blogging seems to be getting later and later each week. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I do a lot of stuff for my music blog on Livejournal on Saturday morning. Plus lately I've I've been trying to get stuff done around the house.

You have to really understand the age of our house and my mother's pack rat nature to really grasp the frustration I have. Combine her pack ratty-ness with her inability to move about well, and well a good deal of the cleaning falls on my shoulders, and I hate cleaning.

It doesn't help matters that we don't have a house that would ever be part of House Beautiful or any other magazine. Its a simple 6 room, 1 bathroom house, an old town farm house. Nothing fancy, but it is my house, and I'm trying to get it into fairly decent shape, one step at a time.

I've made huge progress in the last two weeks. I really hope by Christmas that I can have pictures to share of the house, without being too embarrassed by the hovel that I live it.

BTW...it may be a hovel but I love my hovel.

Back to work. Still more cleaning to do.

0 comments: